Our Hearts and Souls to You, Children
Our Heart and Soul to You, Children
Armenia experienced a socio-political transformation. In 1988 there was a large earthquake and the Nagorno-Karabakh war waged by the economic recession, which increased the number of orphans and vulnerable children. They urgently needed a sharp increase psychological support, physical health support and peers integration.
The project was implemented in province of Vanadzor, specificly the community of Mount Tez vacationing area. It consists of 3 shifts of 60 days with experienced educators and professionals that organized courses, games, presentations, and psychosocial rehabilitation works.
This program continued for 6 years, effecting about 2,200 children, including orphans, the needy, and war zone and non-warzone children.
Professionals and educators skilled work, we had the following results:
- Children have rested and and saw a decrease in mental tension, as well as restoration of their health
- Developed of the children’ s motivation and inspiration in relation to love of nature, art and sport
- Developed of the children’s spirituality and physical mobility
- Deepened their knowledge of children’s rights
- Detected and prevented diseases in children, given their knowledge of healthy lifestyle.
Implementation Years: 1995 – 2001.
Implementation Area: Lori Province